The setting "Configure DigiKam -> Metadata -> Rotation -> Show image/thumbnails rotated according to the orientation flag." don't apply to the thumbnails of faces' people for images only with an orientation flag and pixel data not changed.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Take an image with only an orientation flag: due to the "Configure DigiKam -> Metadata -> Rotation -> Show image/thumbnails rotated according to the orientation flag." setting, the image and thumbnails are correctly rotated (even if the pixel data of the image file are oriented differently);
2. Tag a face.
The face thumbnail is oriented as the pixel data file and not as the orientation flag.
As the image and thumbnail, the face's thumbnail must be rotated according to the orientation flag.
I dont understand the problem. Do you change the mentioned setting? Which thumbnails are shown incorrectly where and when?
Created attachment 76448 [details]
The original file view
Created attachment 76449 [details]
The original file viewed in digiKam
Created attachment 76450 [details]
The image with orientation tag applied
Created attachment 76451 [details]
The image with orientation tag applied and face area definition
Created attachment 76452 [details]
The bug: the wrong oriented face thumbnail
(In reply to comment #1)
> I dont understand the problem. Do you change the mentioned setting?
Yes, the setting is set.
> Which thumbnails are shown incorrectly where and when?
1. The original file view (attachment #76448 [details]);
2. The original file viewed in digiKam (attachment #76449 [details]);
3. The image with orientation tag applied (attachment #76450 [details]);
4. The image with orientation tag applied and face area definition (attachment #76451 [details]);
5. The bug: the wrong oriented face thumbnail (attachment #76452 [details]).
Yes I can confirm this bung. In fact digikam doesn't rotate face tags from database.
I was working on implementing FaceTag write for digikam and came across to the issue that it doesn't update facetags. Now I have implemented rotation for images rotated pixel-by-pixel(not by exif flag).
My implementation is still experimental and it's not even in digikam's git.
I'm aware of this one and I will fix this one after stabilizing code that update tags.
Thanks for your comment.
So, work in progress…
I can confirm this, it is easily reproducable.
Veaceslav: This is probably not related to your work in the branch, there is no "new" rotation involved, any image with the rotation flag set by the camera exhibits this behavior. I suspect an interaction when rotation-by-database was introduced.
Git commit 57c3b7249e9b9b1e20c4da13d3a013dfda93ddbb by Marcel Wiesweg.
Committed on 18/04/2013 at 22:07.
Pushed by mwiesweg into branch 'master'.
Do not exif-rotate face thumbnails twice.
Clean up an unused parameter in ThumbnailCreator.
M +2 -1 NEWS
M +69 -68 libs/threadimageio/thumbnailcreator.cpp
M +4 -4 libs/threadimageio/thumbnailcreator.h
M +2 -1 libs/threadimageio/thumbnailloadthread.cpp