From the conversation on the mailing about famous bug ; I must admit I totally forgive to enter bug for the text tool with Krita. But let's try to report ; it would be great indeed if the text tool would work enought to enter a speechbuble or write a copyright signature.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Select the artistic text tool
2. Go to option panel , select Multiline
3. Trace a frame on the canvas
The drag and drop frame action is visible, but on mouse button release, nothing is created and the canvas remain empty.
- New vector layer ( if not already on a vector layer )
- A text box appear with the geometry definted by the frame tracing made by the user
- A blinking text cursor in the frame show active blinking animation to give feedback to user that the frame is ready to enter text.
This bug was relative to Kubuntu and other buntu's packages in version 12.04 for Qt.
to resolve, build with adding the flag :