Version: 2.0 (using KDE 4.8.0)
When a file is selected in details mode and one tries to scroll down so that the file will move out of the view the scrollbar will jump back so that the file will be visible again.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Select a folder with a lot of files.
2. Select the first file in that folder
3. Scroll down the file list
Scroll bar will jump back to the position where the file will be visible again.
Scroll bar shouldn't jump back.
Thanks for the report, but I cannot reproduce the issue with the 3 steps above. Could you please describe how you did the scrolling in step 3? Did you use the keyboard, the scroll-wheel or the scrollbar on the right?
I've tried to reproduce the problem today and wasn't able to do so. I have no idea what could have triggered that behavior... I think it would be best to close this bug and if I'm able to reproduce it I will write a new report.
I could reproduce the issue once but sadly cannot repeat the steps to 100 %. However it seems to be related to the "scroll margin" on the top- and bottom when dragging items. What I roughly did is:
- Open a folder in the details view with a lot of files
- Scroll down
- Select an item and drag it to the top of the view -> the scrolling starts
- Now the part where I'm not sure what to do: When stopping the drag sometimes the scrolling still continues and won't end even when switching the view.
I was looking to file a similar bug and found this report.
System: Kubuntu 11.10 Dolphin 2.0 with KDE version 4.8.1
I am able to reproduce the bug every time using these steps:
- Open a folder in any view with a lot of files
- Scroll down
- Select an item and drag it to the top of the view area -> the scrolling starts
- Drag the file into a folder near the top and select "move"
- Dolphin will continue to scroll down to where the file once was continuously.
Navigating out of and back into the folder sometimes resolves the problem.
@Eric: Thanks for the update! I got a similar way to reproduce the issue in bug 295584 and this got fixed for 4.8.2
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 295584 ***