Version: unspecified (using KDE 4.7.4)
When you set the background colors for a schema then export the schema and re-import, the background colors are lost.
This is a major bug, as it effectively cripples the sharing of kate color schemas.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start with a clean color schme (backup then rm .kde4/share/config/kateschemarc and katesyntaxhighlightingrc)
2. Edit kate settings -> Fonts and Colors
3. Under the "Colors" tab change the "Normal Text" background under the "Text Area Background" heading to a color you will remember. I fancy bright Magenta #FF00FF. This color will be lost.
4. Switch to the "Normal Text Styles" tab and change some colors there. These colors will be preserved.
5. Export the new style to a file.
6. Close kate/kdevelop/whatever, and prune your .kde4/share/config/kateschemarc and katesyntaxhighlightingrc once again
7. Restart kate/kdevelop/whatever and re-import your color scheme
The background color (in my case bright Magenta) is not imported.
The colors under "Normal Text Styles" are correctly imported.
All background colors should be exported and imported along with the other colors in a schema.
Git commit 825bee52c5d62de68f708d8b2c959df3af5491ad by Dominik Haumann.
Committed on 06/03/2012 at 21:05.
Pushed by dhaumann into branch 'master'.
refactor import / export of color schemas
Now, the "Colors" tab is exported/imported as well
M +228 -131 part/schema/kateschemaconfig.cpp
M +9 -3 part/schema/kateschemaconfig.h