Version: 4.7 (using KDE 4.7.3)
I have multiple POP, SMTP and IMAP accounts that all concatenate into one IMAP account. I read my email in that account and move the mail from that account into local folders every few days. I typically reply to messages in that IMAP account, but do not wish to use the identity from that IMAP account. Up until a few days ago new messages and replies would use the default identity correctly. Now, however, KMail defaults to the IMAP account where I'm reading my email. I would like KMail to honor the settings so that the default identity really is the default.
Steps to Reproduce:
Set up multiple identities, including an IMAP account. Read email on the IMAP account but use one of the other identities as the default identity and try to reply to messages.
IMAP identity is used EVERY time.
Identity set as default in the KMail configs should be used.
KDE 4.7.4 from Fedora RPMs. I recently updated due to some strange stability problems. That is about the time that I started having problems. This is highly annoying as I read a lot of moderated message lists and do not have my IMAP account subscribed so when messages go out under my IMAP accuont, they bounce or are held for moderation!
I'm not sure i understood the problem, but if, i can confirm the bug. Anyway i'll add how to reproduce my bug.
- Create identity A
- Create identity B
- Configure two accounts (mine are dimap, but i think it's not relevant and may be one it's enough to get the problem)
- Configure some sub-folder of the two accounts (maybe one account and two folder is enough)
- Change the the identity of the sender for the folders (at least one must be different from the default one)
- Chose one of the folder with a different identity set
- Reply to a mail (or write a new one -no need to send really :) ) - this time should work.
- Exit kmail
- Open kmail
- Chose again the directory chosen before
- Reply to a mail (or write a new one) - this time should not work and you should see the default identity instead.
Forgot to say, kmail-4.8.2-3.mga2
Fixed in 4.8.3/4.8.4
I have this issue in 4.8.3. Even though a specific identity is associated with an account, browsing mail in that account and clicking an address to open a new email results in the wrong identity being selected by default. All my accounts are offline IMAP