Version: 2.4.3 (using KDE 4.7.3)
Amarok does not display cover art, embedded in FLAC files, as specified by the vorbis tag, neither for Albums, nor for Singles (with Unknown Albums).
Please add this feature. It might be possible, that other (non-mp3) embedded cover art is also not displayed properly. Please add this too.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Make sure to have a FLAC album / song containing a coverart in vorbis metadata, with a valid picutre. E.g. this can be done with the help Music Brainz Picard / Kid3.
2. Ensure that "Fetch Album Cover Automatically" is deactivated in Amarok's settings, so Amarok cannot download the missing cover.
3. Add your FLAC files to your Amarok collection.
4. Play your latest added FLAC files.
No cover art is displayed, although it is specified in FLAC's metadata. Please add support for displaying embedded FLAC cover for singles (with Unknown Album) and for Album.
Amarok reads your file's tags and displays the cover art in the Collection Browser, Context Cover View, Playlist Cover Art and in the Cover Browser.
Clementine already supports this feature of reading flac cover art. You can find the parsing in the following class: http://code.google.com/p/clementine-player/source/browse/src/core/song.cpp
This bug still exists under Amarok 2.5
Which taglib version do you use? This is only working from 1.7 on
And again, these are not id3 tags but FLAC pictures which is a different format.
1. I didn't claim that FLAC pictures are id-tags, I just expressed my wish, that it would be nice to display them and described a way on how to add them to your flac files. No reason to loose the head.
2. I am using taglib 18.104.22.168.
No worries, I was just clarifying so it is clear for everybody.
Git commit 717342ed4aeba0df2328b28840820919ea3d13ec by Daniel Faust.
Committed on 12/01/2012 at 16:01.
Pushed by dfaust into branch 'master'.
Support embedded covers for ogg (read only) and flac files
M +1 -0 ChangeLog
M +1 -1 shared/tag_helpers/TagHelper.cpp
M +208 -1 shared/tag_helpers/VorbisCommentTagHelper.cpp
M +9 -0 shared/tag_helpers/VorbisCommentTagHelper.h
Great work, finally. You rock !