Version: unspecified (using KDE 4.7.1)
KMAL2 : Sent Emails are not forwarded to the server side even if sent email are defined to be in registred Imap Folder
Reproducible: Didn't try
Steps to Reproduce:
- Define in personel information, in advanced option, that the sent email will be in the server side : IMAP/Sent Email - IMAP/éléments Envoyés
- Send emails
- Check locally in the folder : emails are there
- check in the server side, emails are not formwarded to the server side : the IMAP/Sent Email or IMAP/éléments Envoyés doesn't contains the new sent emails !!
emails are present only locally
Emails must be forwarded also on the server side.
- I try to create another folder in the server side named "Sent"
- I copied all messages from my "Sent Email" to that folder
- The Emails that are not forwarded to the server (described in commented up) are always present locally only and not copied to the server on the New Sent folder!!
I have exactly the same problem since the first early versions of Kmail2.
- If I move an email manually to the IMAP/sent folder, it shows up correctly on the server.
- If I set under Identity->Advanced to use IMAP/Sent for sent emails, I can see them only locally, but NOT on the server.
Please also see https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=284310 It may be that the email is on the server but that kmail2/akonadi isn't showing it. I have the same setup and commented in the other bug.
After sending an email I checked directly on server side (Using WebMail) and I can't found sent emails. The emails are showed only locally (Sent folder on imap account) on kmail : sent from kmail and sent using webmail.
Created attachment 66669 [details]
May be the problem comes form the following error.
Some behavious of https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=278082
But I have A011833 BAD Protocol Error.Specified set of flag is not valid.
Still present in version (4.8 RC2 (4.7.97)
I installed a fresh OpenSuse 12.1 with KDE 4.7.4 (4.7.4) "release 11" and I don't have that issue anymore. So this is possibly a bug in the config files in .kde4
I checked using the following distributions:
- Kubuntu 11.10
- Fedora 16 Kde Descktop
- Opensuse 12.1
- Kubuntu 12.04 LTS (Dev)
I'm connecting to MS exchange server 2003.
I checked that I correctly set the defaul sent email to the write exchange folder but I get some time error like (BAD Protocol...)
are there any file taht I can join to the issue ?
After sending I get the following error:
"Append Failed, server replied: A000056 Protocol Error: Specified set of flags is not valid."
Confirming this is still an issue on:
1) OpenSUSE 12.1 - KDE 4.8.3
2) Chakra Archimedes 2012.05.10 - KDE 4.8.3
Also connecting to an MS Exchange server 2003
Is anyone looking into this problem ?
This was working prior to updating to v4.8.X
Any progress on this annoying issue? this issue is still present on version kde 4.9.1.
Will look at soon.
I have a similar issue with axigen server.
After some googling I found a similar problem with possible explanation due to number of allowed IMAP connections:
The solution there worked for the reporter. I can not test it here, can anyone increase the number of allowed connection in their setup?
Is it possible that KMail tries to open anothe IMAP connection when moving files to the sent folder?
*** This bug has been confirmed by popular vote. ***
Probably related to: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=291332
I had this problem with one of my IMAP accounts (sent emails were not forwarded to the server because of the $SENT flag akonadi sets), but this commit fixes it for me:
So this should work in 4.11.3...
then let's resolve as fixed in 4.11.3