Version: 4.6 (using KDE 4.6.1)
This is a KDE-wide issue. Automatic proxy URL does not work. Also, Automatic detection fails. This is causing issues with the proxy setup at my office where a proxy URL is provided.
Steps to Reproduce:
Choose 'automatically detect proxy settings' OR 'automatic proxy URL'. Try to browse using either Konqueror or any KDE-browser or GHNS and it fails.
Browsing the internet is possible thru the above methods.
This has been the case since KDE 3.x.
Git commit 98946bcb75615b0900a2b2e124cae89b7c323fd0 by Dawit Alemayehu.
Committed on 29/03/2011 at 00:12.
Pushed by adawit into branch 'master'.
KIO proxy overhaul Part I:
- Switched the PAC file parser from KJS to QtScript.
- Implemented the Microsoft IPv6 PAC extensions.
- Implemented support for returning SOCKS proxy information (only SOCKS5).
- Added a new dbus call, proxiesForUrl, that returns all the proxy addresses
for a given url.
- Added a new kpactest file to test the new MS IPv6 extension functions.
- Fixed the DateRange function by adding back two missing months in the static
- Fixed the DNS related functions by fixing how the lookup works through
the following modification to the KIO DNS caching code:
* Added a function, lookupCachedHostInfoFor, for quering the KIO cache for
information without causing a DNS query.
* Added a function, cacheLookup, for inserting a DNS lookup result into
the KIO cache.
- Fixed myIpAddress by using QNetworkInterface, though this fix is still far
from ideal since it grabs the first suitable interface on multi-homed systems.
DIGEST: KIO Proxy overhaul for KDE 4.7
M +32 -0 kio/kio/hostinfo.cpp
M +4 -0 kio/kio/hostinfo_p.h
M +2 -5 kio/misc/kpac/CMakeLists.txt
M +1 -0 kio/misc/kpac/kpac_dhcp_helper.c
M +2 -2 kio/misc/kpac/kpactest.pac
A +63 -0 kio/misc/kpac/kpactest2.pac [License: UNKNOWN] *
M +138 -64 kio/misc/kpac/proxyscout.cpp
M +5 -2 kio/misc/kpac/proxyscout.h
M +640 -376 kio/misc/kpac/script.cpp
M +3 -3 kio/misc/kpac/script.h
The files marked with a * at the end have a non valid license. Please read: http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Licensing_Policy and use the headers which are listed at that page.
Thanks! Can't wait for 4.7 to test it. Will it make to to the first beta?
(In reply to comment #2)
> Thanks! Can't wait for 4.7 to test it. Will it make to to the first beta?
Yes. I actually welcome any real world production enviornment testing this code can recieve because I have no means of testing it in that scenario, especially the automatic proxy configuration through DHCP and/or DNS poritions.
If things still do not work for you when the 4.7 beta cycle starts, please reopen this ticket again.