Version: unspecified (using KDE 4.5.3)
I use Konqueror as a file manager and if I try to open an application with the return-key or with a left mouse click, something different happens.
A application opens with the return-key the "open with" dialog while the left click starts it.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open a application file with a left click.
2. Open a application file with the return key.
1. Application starts.
2. "open with" dialog opens.
Both should start the application.
Konqueror version 4.5.3 but happend with prior versions too
Thanks for the bug report! I'll reassign to Dolphin because Konqueror uses Dolphin's file management code and I can also reproduce this in Dolphin (to be precise, I don't get the "Open With" dialog, but Dolphin tries to open the application in KWrite, but the root cause is most likely the same):
1. Run 'dolphin applications:'
2. Click an application -> it is run
3. Navigate to an application with the arrow keys and press Enter -> Dolphin tries to open the application in KWrite.
Reproduced in yesterday's trunk.
This will be fixed in 4.6.1.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 250475 ***