Version: 4.4 beta 2 (using Devel)
Installed from: Compiled sources
The webslice widget has problems with showing non-square slices.
These are inside the widget and a lot of the widgets space is wasted. The solution is to make the widget a customizable rectangle.
You can correct the aspect ratio by resizing with the control key pressed.
Thank you, I didn't know that.
It seems to me that making the widget fit the object's aspect ratio would be a good idea.
good workaround for insiders, but the best would be an exclusive option (radio buttons):
o fit width (vertical scrolling if the element is too high)
o fit height (horizontal scrolling if the element is too wide)
o fit width and height (fixed aspect ratio)
the square as standard aspect ratio and the strg-resizing is a rather random and counter-intuitive workaround:
also good would be a text field for a custom stylesheet which can be used e.g. to make the background of the element transparent or to remove borders.
I agree with the other posters. The square as standard aspect ratio and the strg-resizing is a rather random and counter-intuitive. Other Plasmoids I use are not defaulting to a certain aspect ratio that can be overridden by strg-resize.
Automatically detecting the correct aspect ratio and size would be cool!
SVN commit 1217394 by sebas:
With this larger update, we tie down the whole setup process, and waste
a lot less cycles resizing.
- zoom method: zooms to specific slice
- less unnecessary resizing (still room for improvement)
- make switching between preview and slice mode work
- fix slice geometry for previews and slice modes
- cache geometries: faster and less dicking around with zoomFactor
- Make applet freely resizable: no fixed aspect mode anymore
- Resizing is also a lot faster now
M +344 -40 kgraphicswebslice.cpp
M +20 -16 kgraphicswebslice.h
M +39 -28 plasma/webslice.cpp
M +5 -2 plasma/webslice.h
WebSVN link: http://websvn.kde.org/?view=rev&revision=1217394
Great! Thanks for your work and improving the web slice widget. Looking forward to see it land in my distro. :)
SVN commit 1217531 by sebas:
Usability and performance improvements webslice applet
- Turn the lineedit into an editable combobox showing some of the more interesting elements (those with an id attached)
- Add a reload button to load a newly selected page, repopulate the elements dropdown after load is finished
- Show the full page zoomed out while configuring, and paint a mask highlighting the currently selected element over it
- Fix cyclic resizing problems that lead to huge performance problems while resizing
- No more fixed aspect ratio (#221235)
- Compress resize events per 100ms to make resizing smoother
- Fix picking up config changes by the slice
- Cache slice geometry, by basing the geometries on the original geometry of the elements, we get much more precise viewports, it also saves a lot of dicking around with the current zoomFactor
- (No string changes)
backported from trunk r1217392 - r1217400, OK'ed on plasma-devel
M +174 -100 kgraphicswebslice.cpp
M +60 -31 kgraphicswebslice.h
M +92 -66 plasma/webslice.cpp
M +9 -5 plasma/webslice.h
M +24 -6 plasma/websliceConfig.ui
WebSVN link: http://websvn.kde.org/?view=rev&revision=1217531