Bug 204167 - Missing Entrys with some Contacts
Summary: Missing Entrys with some Contacts
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Akonadi
Classification: Unclassified
Component: GoogleData Resource (show other bugs)
Version: 4.3
Platform: Unlisted Binaries Linux
: NOR normal with 20 votes (vote)
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Adenilson Cavalcanti
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2009-08-17 13:50 UTC by patrick.schwalm
Modified: 2012-12-14 12:46 UTC (History)
5 users (show)

See Also:
Latest Commit:
Version Fixed In:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description patrick.schwalm 2009-08-17 13:50:21 UTC
Version:            (using KDE 4.3.0)
OS:                Linux
Installed from:    Unspecified Linux

Hi,

i just tried out the akonadi googledata ressource and it synchronized succesfully with my google contacts adressbook. But weiredly all contacts are synced, but not all completly.

For some there is missing the phone number, some others are missing the e-mail adress.

I could not find any underlying system, but the bug is reproduceable and always the same entried are missing.

Some ideas where I could look for error messages?
Comment 1 Adenilson Cavalcanti 2009-08-24 18:30:19 UTC
This is a known missing feature (support all contact's fields) in libgcal:
http://code.google.com/p/libgcal/issues/detail?id=39
Comment 2 Clemens Kolbitsch 2010-01-07 10:32:45 UTC
In my opinion, this is not a duplicate of the mentioned bug. As I understand it, some contacts _do_ have the mentioned information, some don't.

I can confirm the bug on my system: I recently exported all my contacts to google (using a vcard file, so all contacts should store the email address, telephone number, etc. as the same "type") and on a few entries, only the name is imported back into akonadi.

I debugged a little on the issue and found the following: I edited one of the buggy contacts in google and requested akonadi to re-sync (using the debug-GUI) and sniffed the traffic using ethereal (wireshark ;-) ). I found that google correclty reports the changes, but the akonadi ignores this.

In my case, the contact entry had multiple email addresses as well as telephone numbers, but for others this worked just fine.

If you need any debugging info, feel free to contact me any time.

BTW: I really think that akonadi should have an option to sync using https!!
Comment 3 Rein 2010-01-12 12:01:20 UTC
Same problem using:
Linux 2.6.30-2-686 GNU/Linux Debian Squeeze/sid
akonadi-kde-resource-googledata      1.0.1-1
akonadi-server                       1.2.1-1+b1
libgcal0                             0.9.3-1
kdelibs5                             4:4.3.4-1
kontact                              4:4.3.4-1
kaddressbook                         4:4.3.4-1
libqtcore4                           4:4.5.3-4
Comment 4 Rein 2010-07-15 15:02:40 UTC
Problem solved by upgrading libgcal to version 0.9.4
Comment 5 Laurent Montel 2012-12-14 12:46:30 UTC
(In reply to comment #4)
> Problem solved by upgrading libgcal to version 0.9.4
so I close it