Version: 2.0.1 (using 4.2.00 (KDE 4.2.0) "release 88.2", KDE:KDE4:Factory:Desktop / openSUSE_11.1)
OS: Linux (i686) release 184.108.40.206-9-default
I renamed my collection and amarok moved all my files into one folder and then all tags were removed.
Please give exact steps to reproduce, this sounds like a really serious blocker bug to me.
Erm, let's first wait for some more information, before assigning it "VHI" :)
The report is sparse at best.
I've experiencing same problem.
After using "organize files" on local collection and some tags on many mp3 removed.
What were the settings for the collection organizer?
Tried to reproduce this bug on under new user. Collection organizer settings: "Group by artist's initial - on', 'replace spaces' & 'ignore "The" in Artist Names'.
It's seems that everything ok to me after first "organize" on all local collection, but if I "organize" collection more, some tags (mostly album) dissapearing.
Last time after two "organizations" & "Config -> Collection -> Rescan Collection" got totally mess - songs name is right, but title-author-album completly unrelated to each other (ex: Some russian title - singer Shakira - album name from Bon Jovi)
I just encountered this behaviour with Amarok 220.127.116.11 on Gentoo. I had some anonymous files (like 'Track 12 - Track 12.ogg') in my collection.
Steps after that:
1. I gave them the correct tags in Amarok
2. Changed the filenames to reflect the tags with Kid3. The songs were on Amarok's playlist at the time and Amarok was running, but I wasn't playing anything. I didn't touch Amarok anymore before the next happened.
3. Don't know when exactly this happened, but at least on the next boot the tags of almost all the songs in Amarok's playlist were horribly wrong. Some had lost some or all of their tags. Some had these weird combinations of tags from totally unrelated songs, artists and albums across the whole collection. Luckily it seems that songs not in the playlist at that moment were unaffected. Otherwise I'd be pretty miserable right now!
I had the same problems, after reorganising files tags were delete. Some Album Names or Artist names were randomly replaced with other existing names in my collection. This is a grave bug
*** This bug has been confirmed by popular vote. ***
Could you all please try again with Amarok 2.1 final? I can't reproduce this behavior since quite some time in SVN
I am waiting for the final packages of amarok 2.1 for OpenSuse 11.1 with KDE 4.3beta. As soon as they are there, I will try to reproduce.
I have managed to produce similar results in 2.1 under suse 11.1 with KDE 4.2, steps I took to reproduce = rip new CDs to my collection, update/rescan my collection, when new tracks are discovered the albums, years and artists of most tracks are then completely wrong. Only fix I have found is to wipe the db and start again
Amarok doesn't delete tags at all. Just remove the ~/.kde/sahre/apps/amarok/mysqle/ folder (maybe saving it for extra security) and all your tags will be visible again.
The title of this bug is misleading and there already is another bug reporting this behavior.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 178973 ***
Oops, typo, the folder is