Version: (using Devel)
Installed from: Compiled sources
I tried to change timezone from Bratislava to Prague but this setting is turned back to Bratislava always. This issue has impact to Kontact becouse setting through Kontact's configuration doesn't work too. I this case all calendar events have wrong area by default.
This problem persists still :-(
KDE: 4.1.2 (KDE 4.1.1 (KDE 4.1 >= 20080828)) "release 52.3"
I cannot reproduce in KDE 4.2.2. Please provide explicit reproduction instructions. Is your system clock set to UTC?
OK. I tried to change time zone by two ways.
I. by Kontact settings:
1) Settings > Configrue Calendar > Time and Date > Regional (http://www.abclinuxu.cz/images/screenshots/5/3/102535-store-for-snapshots-18419.png)
2) It seems be well but only if you don't close Kontact. After that setting is turned back.
II. by KDE's Personal Settings
1) Personal Settings (Configure Desktop) > General > Computer Administration > Date & Time
2) Confirm this dialog (http://www.abclinuxu.cz/images/screenshots/5/3/102535-store-for-snapshots-18422.png)
3) If I close Personal Settings local time zone is changed back :?(
I'm using NTP server clock-1.cs.cmu.edu on boot.
KDE: 4.2.70 (KDE 4.2.70 (KDE 4.3 >= 20090415)) "release 1.4"
Kontact: 4.3.0 pre
LSB Version: core-2.0-noarch:core-3.2-noarch:core-2.0-x86_64:core-3.2-x86_64:desktop-3.2-amd64:desktop-3.2-noarch:graphics-2.0-amd64:graphics-2.0-noarch:graphics-3.2-amd64:graphics-3.2-noarch
Distributor ID: SUSE LINUX
Description: openSUSE 11.1 (x86_64)
Created attachment 33643 [details]
It could be tied with attached Akonadi's log above
I found solution in this mail thread http://osdir.com/ml/kde-bugs-dist/2009-06/msg15481.html. Date & Time (under Personal Settings) doesn't change LocalZone parameter in $KDEHOME/share/config/ktimezonerc file.
=> this bug is maybe duplicate to Bug 196316
If this is happening with KDE 5, please leave a comment.