Version: 1.4.8 (using KDE 3.5.8)
Installed from: Compiled From Sources
Compiler: gcc 4.2.3 -O2 -march=athlon64
1) First I play a last.fm stream succesfully
2) then I stop the stream
3) I can't play the last.fm stream anymore, because the "play" button is disabled
The "solution" is to play some mp3, stop it and play the last.fm stream again.
This only happens with Xine 1.1.9 and 1.1.10. If I use Xine 1.1.8, this doesn't occur. Maybe a Xine 1.1.9/1.1.10 bug? Thanks.
Same thing happens with any other radio stream as well. Known xinelib bug - wait for fix or downgrade.
I still have this issue with Amarok 1.4.8 and Xine-lib 22.214.171.124 on my Gentoo system.
Yes, this bug is extremely annoying. It's unnacceptable to downgrade xine-lib because xine had security fixes and I don't want to use a vulnerable xine-lib.
I disagree that it's a xine-only bug... At least Amarok could have a workaround...
It's not generally possible to "work around" all library related bugs. In fact, this is only feasible in rare cases.
What workaround do you suggest?
I don't understand why when the last.fm stream is stopped, the play button is disabled. I can't believe this is due to a xine-lib bug. What's the relation between the play button and the xine-lib?
On OpenSuse 10.3 I experience similar problem.
Here is the original post:
1) When I play a custom radio station. I can't restart an already
played stream. Not only do I have to exit amarok completely and restart
amarok, but I also have to clear the playlist and add the station again.
If I do try to play the stream after stopping it I don't get any error
message. I only see "Connecting to stream source..."
2) I can't ban or skip songs.
Frankly, last.fm's support for the old protocol (which Amarok 1.x uses) is falling apart. If you're into last.fm, try Amarok 2.
SVN commit 877693 by lfranchi:
new last.fm code for the last.fm service. basically, this replaces our old last.fm code drop from the 1.4 client with the new modular liblastfm from max at last.fm. currently the library is included here in-source, and we are compiling it as a lib and linking to it internally. as soon as they can, last.fm will release it as liblastfm, and amarok will depend on it. for now, and 2.0, this will stay in-source. note that i include a FindLibLastFm.cmake that is not being used, as soon as we switch to the external lib we can just switch to searching for the external lib w/ no hassle.
NOTE: *please* test. i've tried to stress it as much as i can, but i can't think of all the edge cases. break it!
this should fix a number of bugs with the old client. there is 1 bug that i know of with this code, and i have email max.
bah, forgot i am on os x and hence not using xine. so i can't affect this bug.
No problem Leo, since now I'm using Amarok 2 svn and your new last.fm code is great! It fixed the scrobble issue. Everything is perfect now ;) thank you very much!
Ps: at least for me, if you want, you can close this bug, since I will not be using Amarok 1 anymore ;).
Agreed, thanks Daniel.