Version: 3.97.00 (KDE 4.0 RC2) (using KDE 3.97.00 (KDE 4.0 RC2), Kubuntu packages)
OS: Linux (x86_64) release 2.6.22-14-generic
Steps to reproduce:
1. Choose "Settings->Configure Konqueror" menu
2. Choose proxy configuration ("Web Browsing->Proxy"), "Proxy" tab
3. Check "Manually specify the proxy settings" and press "Setup..." button
4. Fill some proxy ONLY for HTTP protocol. Leave HTTPS/FTP fields blank. Ensure, that "Use the same proxy server for all protocols" option is turned off.
5. Apply the settings
6. Type some HTTPS address in an address bar, e.g. https://mail.google.com
7. Observe the error message instead of a page. For example:
An error occurred while loading https://mail.google.com:
Could not connect to host Proxy at port -1.
i can confirm this with kde 4.1 ( on i686) (arch linux package)
4.1 was supposed to be THE release ? too much bugs to fix to fix this one?
i become more and more dissatisfatied with kde that i always liked
the problem is the same with ftp:// as soon as some http proxy is defined.
*** Bug 188290 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
I think this has been fixed in trunk a while ago. Please reopen if still present. Also note that HTTPS over proxy is -currently- broken. HTTPS works however when a HTTP proxy is defined but not HTTPS proxy, which is what this bug is about.