Version: 1.0.3 (using KDE KDE 3.5.7)
Installed from: Compiled From Sources
Compiler: GCC 4.1-20070528 build from source
Hi there. I reported this bug http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=147663 and added a comment to that one too: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=147676. Today I updated my system to the newest packages I've in my distro: http://pastebin.ca/632961
To the bug 147676 i can confirm that it is fixed with the empty media issue: http://pastebin.ca/632963
But when I remove all discs from my drives I see only this in the terminal:
could not open device /dev/scd1 (No such file or directory)
/dev/sr0 resolved to /dev/sr0
/dev/sr0 is blockdevice(0)
/dev/sr0 seems to be cdrom
bus:0, id:0, lun:0
(k3bDevice::Device) /dev/sr0 : init()
(k3bDevice::Device) /dev/sr0 feature: CD Mastering
(k3bDevice::Device) /dev/sr0 feature: CD Track At Once
(k3bDevice::Device) /dev/sr0 feature: CD-RW Media Write Support
(k3bDevice::Device) /dev/sr0 feature: DVD+R
(k3bDevice::Device) /dev/sr0 feature: DVD+RW
(k3bDevice::Device) /dev/sr0 feature: DVD+R DoubleLayer
(k3bDevice::Device) /dev/sr0 feature: DVD-R / -RW write
(k3bDevice::Device) /dev/sr0 feature: Rigid Restricted Overwrite
unknown profile: 2
checking for TAO
checking for SAO
checking for SAO-R96P
checking for SAO-R96R
checking for RAW-R16
checking for RAW-R96P
checking for RAW-R96R
then my pc freezes in x86 and x86_64 and the light of HoldShift starts blinking on my keyboard.
My Distro is a gnome-based one. For k3b I install these packages:
kdelibs cdrtools cdrdao dvd+rw-tools transcode vcdimager mad libvorbis libsamplerate iceauth libmusicbrainz lame flac ffmpeg
You can check the versions here: http://pastebin.ca/632961
So how can I create a log of the crash to get you more info about this?
These are my drives:
HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8520B TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-M1712 HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B
Version 1.0.1 still works fine on my distro but not the newer one. I really don't know why.
Hope we can fix this. Will disconnect my burner from the mainboard and replace it, maybe this will help.
You told me that you don't change anything for the drive detection, are you shure?
Quote: Fixed supported write speed detection on some devices
Now I removed all discs from the drives and put in an empty CD-R to the dvd burner. K3B starts with this log: http://pastebin.ca/632995
As soon as I remove the disc my system crashes again. Also it crashes if there is a Commercial Video-DVD or a DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW in the drive.
Seems K3B detects my DVD burner as CD burner and get crasy about that. Hope this helps.
To complete this bugreport here the log of k3b 1.0.1 on my system also with empty DVD-R 8x media in the dvd burner drive: http://pastebin.ca/633007
It works with that version, so there must be some changes in the device detection ...
Today I updated my LG-DVD-Burner to the newest firmware 1.06A. Still get the total system crash. Then I replaced the drive with another DVD-Burner from Toshiba-Samsung. The model SH-S182 with the firmware version SB06.
Same result there. Then I change the IDE ports from port one to port two and tried master and slave. On all cases my system crashes. Seems the DVD-detection is somehow broken on DVD-Burners. With the old version 1.0.1 all works. So what did you change then?
Well an update to unstable branch works now for me. Seems to be some new versions of the dependencies. Here is the new packages-list I installed on my pc:
Getting the same problem on my system with much the same description. The system freezes in exactly the same spot. 2 seconds later, my system reboots.
OS: openSuSE 10.2
Kernel: 2.6.19-4-rt (JAD kernel)
Drives: 5,0,0 500) 'LITE-ON ' 'DVDRW LH-20A1P ' 'KL0A' Removable CD-ROM
5,1,0 501) 'CENDYNE ' '522452AU ' '1.20' Removable CD-ROM
I've tried using the build from Packman. Does the same thing. Tried re-compiling without k3bsetup2. Still does the same thing. The problem is in the initial detection routines. If k3bsetup is run immediately after installation, the crash happens
In an attempt to clean up old bugs that are not valid for K3b 2.0 (=KDE SC 4.x port) anymore, this is now being marked as UNMAINTAINED.
If this bug is still valid for 2.0, please reopen it.