Version: (using KDE KDE 3.3.2)
Installed from: Compiled From Sources
Compiler: gcc 3.3.4 CFLAGS="-march=athlon-mp -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe"
Note that this is only exploitable when korganizer is running under a window manager that don't enforce modality. Step 4 isn't usually possible under the KDE default window manager. This might still be an issue if the user is running remote X and/or double-clicks quickly.
Steps to reproduce:
0) Start Korganizer under a WM that doesn't enforce modality (eg: ratpoison).
1) Load two calendar resources.
2) Bring up the Create Event dialog.
3) Press OK on the Create Event dialog.
The "Resouces" / select-which-calendar dialog will appear.
4) Press OK on the Create Event dialog again (underneath
the select-which-calendar dialog).
5) Select one of the available calendars.
6) Korganizer/Kontact crashes.
Reassigning all KOrganizer bug reports and wishes to the newly created
korganizer-devel mailing list.
Update: still problematic in 3.5.2.
Do you experience this crash with a recent KDE/KOrganizer/Kontact ? (> KDE4.1)
Using trunk KDE built with kdesvn-build on Gentoo Linux (gcc-4.1.2)
kdepim rev 909691
I have tried several times to reproduce this with korganizer and in kontact under a ratpoison session, I can not seem to trigger a crash.
Also tried under korganizer 3.5.9.
Let's close then. Thank you.