Version: 2.4.0 (using KDE 4.6.1)
The Wikipedia widget correctly shows pages with an ampersand in its title (&). However, clicking the back button after following a link tries to load an article with its title truncated at the ampersand.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Play a song from an artist with "&" in its name (I tested it with "Beyond Good & Evil Soundtrack).
2. Click a link in the Wikipedia widget.
3. Press the "back" button.
4. The Wikipedia widget tries to return to an article with its name truncated (in my case "Beyond Good".
The widget should correctly return to the previous article.
OS: Linux (x86_64) release 2.6.35-27-generic
This is an automated message from the triager:
Amarok 2.4.1 has been released on May 8 already. Could you please upgrade and test if you can still reproduce this bug?
Without feedback within a month we will close this bug as resolved.
Thank you for your understanding.
Yes, the bug is still reproducible in Amarok 2.4.1.
Thank you for your feedback.
Also other characters like "+" are problematic. They seem to stay in the url and are not being percent encoded. But it seems to be more complicated to fix than it sounds...
Hmm, just tried it here with "Francis Albert Sinatra & Antonio Carlos Jobim".
It works (back and forward).
Are you running qt 4.8?
I recently upgraded from 4.7.x to 4.8 beta, same behaviour:
1. Artist: "Mike & the Mechanics"
2. Applet shows article: "Mike + The Mechanics"
3. click on "English" in the article text
4. Applet shows article "England"
5. clicking back: Applet shows article "Mike The Mechanics" (which does not exist)
(In reply to comment #6)
I still can't reproduce the problem.
1. Electric guitar
2. Mike + The Mechanics
3. England (English)
hitting back arrow
Not sure why in your case you get "Mike The Mechanics" at step 5.
Anyway it's probably a url/encoding/conversion issue. Possible fix
Git commit a289d8b1120d848e716235ae16dae9f6bad1a7de by Rick W. Chen.
Committed on 06/12/2011 at 09:27.
Pushed by rickc into branch 'master'.
Make sure url is encoded when converting wikipedia click urls
M +1 -1 src/context/engines/wikipedia/WikipediaEngine.cpp