Bug 155197 - amarok not updating the name of author and song that it is playing from last.fm
Summary: amarok not updating the name of author and song that it is playing from last.fm
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: amarok
Classification: Unclassified
Component: general (show other bugs)
Version: unspecified
Platform: Fedora RPMs Linux
: NOR normal with 40 votes (vote)
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Amarok Developers
URL:
Keywords:
: 157371 (view as bug list)
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2008-01-06 20:20 UTC by Armin
Modified: 2008-10-30 02:25 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
Latest Commit:
Version Fixed In:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Armin 2008-01-06 20:20:51 UTC
Version:           1.4 (using KDE KDE 3.5.8)
Installed from:    Fedora RPMs
OS:                Linux

When I listen to last.fm, the first song it plays, well, it shows the name of author and the name of the song.  But, after it goes to next song, the name of author and song are not updated.  For example, amarok is playing one song, and it shows another irrevalent author and song name!  after a while, when tons of other songs had been finished, amarok still shows you the name of the first song you listened to when you started amarok. (Happens only for last.fm)
Comment 1 Nicolas L. 2008-01-29 07:47:51 UTC
confirmed on mandriva bugzilla http://qa.mandriva.com/show_bug.cgi?id=36263
Comment 2 Dan Meltzer 2008-03-14 21:04:39 UTC
*** Bug 157371 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 3 Leo Franchi 2008-10-30 02:25:34 UTC
SVN commit 877693 by lfranchi:

new last.fm code for the last.fm service. basically, this replaces our old last.fm code drop from the 1.4 client with the  new modular liblastfm from max at last.fm. currently the library is included here in-source, and we are compiling it as a lib and linking to it internally. as soon as they can, last.fm will release it as liblastfm, and amarok will depend on it. for now, and 2.0, this will stay in-source. note that i include a FindLibLastFm.cmake that is not being used, as soon as we switch to the external lib we can just switch to searching for the external lib w/ no hassle.

NOTE: *please* test. i've tried to stress it as much as i can, but i can't think of all the edge cases. break it!

this should fix a number of bugs with the old client. there is 1 bug that i know of with this code, and i have email max.

BUG: 164156
BUG: 157296
BUG: 155197
BUG: 154904
BUG: 170816