Bug 117272 - wrong display with UTF-8 and ISO 8859-2 encodings
Summary: wrong display with UTF-8 and ISO 8859-2 encodings
Status: RESOLVED UNMAINTAINED
Alias: None
Product: superkaramba
Classification: Miscellaneous
Component: general (show other bugs)
Version: unspecified
Platform: Slackware Linux
: NOR normal with 20 votes (vote)
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Ryan Nickell
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2005-11-29 13:06 UTC by Andrzej
Modified: 2018-09-04 15:53 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:
Latest Commit:
Version Fixed In:


Attachments
examples of wrong display (448.07 KB, image/png)
2005-11-29 13:07 UTC, Andrzej
Details
simple theme with unicode (utf8) text. (340 bytes, text/plain)
2006-11-23 08:07 UTC, Daniel
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Andrzej 2005-11-29 13:06:22 UTC
Version:           0.3.7 (using KDE KDE 3.4.2)
Installed from:    Slackware Packages
OS:                Linux

I’ve tried to make Superkaramba 0.37 to display correctly Polish characters but with no success.
Using Multi Kontrol Panel I’ve tried UTF-8 and ISO 8859-2; as well as unzipped package and *.skz file. For all 4 combinations display is different and none of them is OK.
(BTW. It is strange that creation of *.skz file alter the displaying)
The LWP theme is displayed OK.
I attached the screenshot with the above mentioned combinations of Multi Kontrol Panel and LWP with correct display.
Comment 1 Andrzej 2005-11-29 13:07:41 UTC
Created attachment 13677 [details]
examples of wrong display
Comment 2 Ryan Nickell 2005-11-29 16:18:24 UTC
Does this only occur with themes that use only a .theme file?  Is the text output also broken in themes that use python to display the text?
Comment 3 Andrzej 2005-11-30 14:59:21 UTC
I checked this with Multi Kontrol Panel theme that is using only .theme file.
In case of LWP there is no problem. LWP is using python and gettext i.e. *.mo files. So there are no translation strings in python files themselves.
Comment 4 Daniel 2006-11-23 08:07:01 UTC
Created attachment 18662 [details]
simple theme with unicode (utf8) text.

Attached theme uses 'text' keyword in the .theme file to add text lables.
SuperKaramba displays ????? instead of unicode characters.
Comment 5 Daniel 2006-11-23 08:12:06 UTC
This bug is a duplicate of 114055 and 114553

The problem is still present in SK v. 0.41, KDE 3.5.5
Comment 6 Daniel 2006-12-18 21:55:48 UTC
Confirming the bug as fixed. (I am not the original bug author)

Tried the attached "sample theme with unicode (utf8) text" with 

Last Changed Author: wirr
Last Changed Rev: 612312
Last Changed Date: 2006-12-10 12:52:32 -0800 (Sun, 10 Dec 2006)

also changed the file to utf16 and confirm that as working properly.

Thx. wirr.
Comment 7 Andrew Crouthamel 2018-09-04 15:53:39 UTC
Hello! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this project has been unmaintained for many years so I am closing this bug.