Version: 2.1.0 (using KDE KDE 3.4.0)
Installed from: Unspecified Linux
There is no Vilnius (Lithuania) in station list. On Gnome weather applet there is even 3 stations that are in Lithuania. I use Kubuntu.
I can confirm this. I'm running KDE 3.5rc1 on debian unstable. That's because Lithuania is missing from the EU "states". I attach the patch which fixes this.
Created attachment 13507 [details]
Adds "LT" to EU states
There are a few other weather stations (in addition to Vilnius) in Lithunia which are accessible. I attach the patch which adds them to the list of available stations (against kweather in kde3.5rc1).
Created attachment 13508 [details]
Additional stations in Lithuania
Yes, could please fix kweather program, and add Lithuania weather stations ? Kaunas, Vilnius ?
A yeah and a half has passed and this trivial bug still has not been cared of. I attach a patch againt kde 3.5.5. I hope, if kweather is still maintained, the patch will applied. It's very frustrating for Lithuanians not find their country (and stations) in the list. In the mean time, for us, Lithuanians, there are two solutions:
1) Apply my patch to the weather_stations.desktop (it's location depends on the distribution you are using) file and restart kicker
2) Add a station manually with the following command:
$ dcop KWeatherService WeatherService addStation <stationID>
where <stationID> is any weather station code. Stations in Lithuania (based on http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/LT_cc.html):
* EYVI - Vilnius - http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/EYVI.html
* EYKA - Kaunas - http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/EYKA.html
* EYSA - Siauliai Intl./Mil. - http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/EYSA.html
* EYPA - Palanga Intl. - http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/EYPA.html
Created attachment 18208 [details]
Adds Lithuania and Lithuanian weather stations to the list
It's combined patch of my two above + in addition, I added Kaunas to the list
(thanks Sarunas for the reminder, back in 2005-11 Kaunas was not available).
SVN commit 597653 by fabo:
Add Lithuania to the country list of kweather. Add weather stations that are
available in Lithuania:
- Vilnius (EYVI) as "Vilnius"
- Kaunas (EYKA) as "Kaunas"
- Siauliai Intl./Mil. (EYSA) as "Siauliai"
- Palanga Intl. (EYPA) as "Palanga"
Thanks to Modestas Vainius
M +4 -1 weather_stations.desktop
--- trunk/KDE/kdetoys/kweather/weather_stations.desktop #597652:597653
@@ -1654,7 +1654,7 @@
-states=AB OS BE BA BG CZ HR CY DK EE FI FR MK DE GI GR HU IE IS IT LV LU MT MD NL NO PL PT RO RU SK SI SP SE CH TR UA UK YU
+states=AB OS BE BA BG CZ HR CY DK EE FI FR MK DE GI GR HU IE IS IT LV LT LU MT MD NL NO PL PT RO RU SK SI SP SE CH TR UA UK YU
@@ -1760,6 +1760,9 @@
loc0=Vilnius EYVI ------ ---
+loc1=Kaunas EYKA ------ ---
+loc2=Siauliai EYSA ------ ---
+loc3=Palanga EYPA ------ ---