|Summary:||Amarok only exposes low-res covers to DBus|
|Product:||[Applications] amarok||Reporter:||Andreas Kuhl <mail>|
|Component:||D-Bus interfaces||Assignee:||Alex Merry <alex.merry>|
|Severity:||normal||CC:||alex.merry, riaasm, stuffcorpse|
|Latest Commit:||http://commits.kde.org/amarok/1742ccf33267dc3e6a5722d51aeeabe4f101a377||Version Fixed In:||2.6|
Description Andreas Kuhl 2011-07-26 13:36:46 UTC
Version: 2.4-GIT (using Devel) OS: Linux Querying DBus with "qdbus org.kde.amarok /Player GetMetadata" only gives the low-res 135x135px cover (file:///home/ademmer/.kde4/share/apps/amarok/albumcovers/cache/135@3c214fcb4727e08846956b95b93cf425) for arturl whereas the hi-res 300x300px version is also available in ( file:///home/ademmer/.kde4/share/apps/amarok/albumcovers/cache/f42e070e3d3dc0a18128670393c9bbb0). Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. Add a MP3 track to your collection 2. Let Amarok fetch the hi-res cover Actual Results: lo-res cover exposed over dbus Expected Results: hi-res cover exposed over dbus
Comment 1 riaasm 2011-07-31 09:36:44 UTC
This also happens to me with Amarok 2.4.3. I noticed it because the Now Rocking plasmoid shows cover in a lower resolution than what is embedded in the file and set in Amarok. This causes the cover to be distorted and hazy, as can be expected from low-res images.
Comment 2 Andreas Kuhl 2011-07-31 09:48:01 UTC
Yep, I noticed this bug first because NowRocking showed a lo-res image. I suspect the dbus behavior described above to be the root cause for this issue.
Comment 3 Myriam Schweingruber 2011-08-01 08:30:13 UTC
Setting status to confirmed.
Comment 4 riaasm 2012-04-14 11:48:20 UTC
In case it's relevant, this still occurs in 2.5.0
Comment 5 Alex Merry 2012-06-11 14:45:25 UTC
Git commit 1742ccf33267dc3e6a5722d51aeeabe4f101a377 by Alex Merry. Committed on 11/06/2012 at 16:43. Pushed by alexmerry into branch 'master'. Construct the MPRIS1 arturl the same way as the MPRIS2 mpris:artUrl Now we try to get the full size version before falling back to a reduced version, and we encode the URL properly. FIXED-IN: 2.6 M +1 -0 ChangeLog M +11 -3 src/core/meta/support/MetaUtility.cpp http://commits.kde.org/amarok/1742ccf33267dc3e6a5722d51aeeabe4f101a377